DIRECTOR, GLOBAL QUALITY ASSURANCE – USA
- The Director, Global Quality Assurance Operations has responsibility for the oversight and management of compliance of Cosemi QA operations supporting global manufacturing plant operations.
- Responsibilities include QA oversight and compliance of – quality systems; audit support; plant QA operations; internal product technology transfer; and facility compliance. Responsible for wafer level testing and qualification of final lot disposition for internal and external customers. Overall responsibility for cross-plant quality alignment.
- Accountable for meeting functional area goals and objectives as they relate to departmental, corporate operations team
- Responsibility for adhering to domestic and international ISO regulations, Cosemi QMS, and performance and budget management
- Responsible for timely updates of functional group achievements and challenges to management with a focus on operations performance, staff performance and productivity, staff development, continuous improvements, key projects support and identification and resolving obstacles to maintain a highly effective and productive functional group.
- Interact regularly with customers to meet the needs and communicate activities and issues to line Management on a regular and timely manner to meet the department needs.
- Execution of product disposition
- Development and refinement of Cosemi’s overall quality systems and procedures
- Management of cross-plant quality issues and implementation of harmonized cross-plant quality philosophy; ensures consistency in quality operations across facilities.
- QA support for electronic data systems
- Group metrics’ tracking and compliance
- Assuring appropriate ISO and QA systems training of QA personnel and customers
- Support / lead regulatory submissions and inspections
- Leading and/or representing Quality on multidisciplinary teams
- Responsible for timely hiring, training and development of qualified staff to ensure effective execution of roles and responsibilities, ISO compliance, and attainment of operational and development goals.
- Maintain daily staffing requirements to meet business needs.
- Responsible for continuous improvement on an ongoing basis to proactively mitigate current and future risks to maintain an effective operation to support business needs.
- Promote and exhibit Cosemi Values
- Executing company policies
- Executing site leadership team responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS with 10+ years and at least 5+ of relevant and supervisory experience. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Very strong relevant experience in executing, developing, and/or administrating ISO procedure in high volume semiconductor manufacturing environments.
- A minimum of 10 years in a semiconductor manufacturing operation; minimum of 3 years specific to semiconductor optoelectronic operations desired.
- Previous experience in other Quality Assurance functions is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Strong business acumen (operations, productivity, continuous improvements).
Cosemi is the first fabless optical semiconductor company. Our innovative technology and high volume manufacturing approach deliver breakthrough improvements in cost and performance. Cosemi innovations are enabling fiber optics to go beyond just the telecommunication industry. Our products can be found everywhere from the thousands of active optical cables (AOC) used in corporate data centers to your next generation USB cable utilizing Light Peak technology. Cosemi photodiodes offer high responsivity, low dark current, and low capacitance for high performance optical designs. Our proven, SureOptical qualification process delivers guaranteed known-good-die reliability with every die we ship.